5 Things to Do Before You Start at KSU
💡Tip: Check your student email account often for important information from Campus Services!
1. Upload a Photo for Your Talon Card
🗣️ Psst... DO THIS NOW!
- Take a driver's license-style photo facing forward on a white background without any moulding, corners or ceiling showing.
- Visit onlinephoto.transactcampus.net, enter your KSU email address and "Request Access," then go to your KSU email account, open the email from KSU Talon Card Services and click "Submit your photo" link and follow the prompts on the website to upload your photo.
Bring a valid (not expired), government-issued photo ID to claim your Talon Card during Orientation.
2. Purchase a Virtual Parking Permit
If you plan to bring a car to campus, log in to the Parking Portal starting July 1 to purchase a virtual parking permit 24-hours after you register for classes.
💡Tip: One of the statements you will agree to is that you've reviewed our rules and regulations, so be sure you indeed read them!
3. Visit the KSU Bookstore
Purchasing your course materials is easy!
If your professor has selected Day One Access (D1A) course, the materials can be accessed on the first day of class through D2L Brightspace. Your student account will be charged after you register for a class. If you choose to opt-out or leave the class during the drop/add period, your account will be credited back the cost.
All other course materials can be purchased by visiting the KSU Bookstore website. Select the term, department and course section, then click "View Your Materials."
Stop by the KSU Bookstore or shop online to show your school spirit with KSU branded apparel and take advantage of your educational discount on technology purchases from OwlTEC.
4. Personalize Your Meal Plan
KSU's dining program is one of the best in the nation. Whether you live on campus or commute, we have a Meal Plan to fit your needs.
5. Prepare for Move-In
If you plan to live on campus, check your student email account for important information from Housing and Residence Life about Move-In, packing, payments and more. To add yourself to the waitlist and track your place on it, log into the Housing Portal.Additional Move-In Information