As always, we are committed to the safety of our campus community. On-campus dining locations are highly regulated, and our staff is trained in foodborne illness transmission and prevention. Our team continues to follow sanitization procedures outlined by the health code, and we are adding other measures to help keep the campus community safe in accordance with CDC and Department of Health guidelines.
Dining Safety Procedures
We continue to closely monitor CDC and Georgia Department of Public Health guidelines and best practices to ensure your health and safety. Additionally, we have made every effort to expand the variety of service options available, to include additional takeout, grab-and-go and pre-order/pick up service options.
All Dining Locations
- Cleaning frequency has been increased and follows a regular schedule to disinfect high-contact surfaces. Additional staff is assigned to these areas to ensure frequency requirements are met.
- Sanitization stations and standalone hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed in all locations, with a heavy concentration in areas with high-contact surfaces.
- A peroxide-based disinfectant has been introduced and is to be used in addition to existing cleaning and sanitization procedures per FDA Food Code.
- Nightly decontamination procedures are in place to disinfect all surface areas in kitchens and service areas.
- Appropriate PPE is worn by all staff based on their position and duties.
- Takeout meals are available and served in reusable containers for those enrolled in the Takeout Club.
- Grubhub menu options are available for pickup. Grubhub meals can be pre-ordered and pre-paid through the Grubhub app and made to order.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are installed at entrance and exit doors, and in areas with high-contact surfaces.
- Service lines are controlled with one-way traffic only.
- Napkins, utensils and cups are in touchless dispensers.
- Cash transactions are not accepted in dining halls, and we have adapted our POS terminal to allow for contactless transactions.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at cashier stations and all service points.
- Grubhub service is available with designated pick-up areas.
- Self-service of condiments is discontinued, and they will be distributed by staff at pick up.
- POS terminals have been adapted for contactless transactions, and cash will no longer be accepted. Cash can be added to KCash or Dining Dollars accounts at any K-Cash machine on campus. KCash and Dining Dollars can be used for payment in the Grubhub app.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at registers and all pick-up points.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to eat in the dining halls?
If you are limiting capacity within the dining halls, how else can I use my Meal Plan?
Due to COVID-19, can I cancel or reduce my Residential Meal Plan?
Summer Meal Plans are optional. Students are unable to cancel their fall and spring Meal Plans while residing on campus. To proceed through KSU's Housing Application, all students must review and acknowledge several terms and conditions, including the financial responsibilities of on-campus living and the current year's residential Meal Plan requirements, which are included as a part of each residential student's License Agreement.
If you are experiencing difficulties covering the cost of tuition, fees and other expenses like your Meal Plan, students are encouraged to consult with the Office of Financial Aid to see if additional aid is available to them.
Updated June 3, 2021